Lusby house fire starts because gas stove was left on
An early morning (Monday, Aug. 1, 12:29 am) house fire at 12472 Eldorado Lane in Lusby displaced the residents. Investigators say the fire started due to the gas stove being left on. There were no injuries or deaths.
Damages to the structure are estimated at $50,000 and damages to the contents are estimated at $5,000.
The house was a two story single family dwelling occupied by Spiro T. Maroulis, who discovered the fire.
The one alarm fire involved 25 firefighters and took 10 minutes to bring under control. The primary responding fire department was Solomons Island VRS/FD.
The occupants are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Hot car exhaust ignites dry vegetation
A 1986 Chevrolet Corvette suffered an estimated $1,000 in damages after the hot exhaust ignited nearby dry vegetation. The fire occurred Saturday, July 30, around 1:14 pm at 3663 Mt. Pleasant Road, Waldorf.
The vehicle is owned by Vincent Washington.
The one alarm fire involved 5 firefighters and took 10 minutes to bring under control. The primary responding fire department was Hughesville VFD.