PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. (July 28, 2016)—The Board of Education of Calvert County Public Schools (CCPS) has announced the appointment of two principals. Pam Kasulke will be the principal of Sunderland Elementary, and Michelle Ward will serve as the principal of Barstow Elementary.
Ms. Kasulke earned her Bachelor's degree at Saint Joseph's College and her Master's at Loyola College. She was a teacher and then a math and science resource specialist in Prince George's County Public Schools prior to being hired by CCPS as an elementary learning specialist in 2003. She most recently served as the vice principal at Beach Elementary.
Ms. Ward began her career in CCPS in 2005 as a kindergarten teacher. She subsequently served as an elementary learning specialist and then dean. She is currently the vice principal at Barstow Elementary. Prior to coming to CCPS, she taught in Charles County for six years. Mrs. Ward received her Bachelor's Degree from Elon College and her Master's from Towson University.
The Board also appointed eleven other administrators for the upcoming school year.
• Regina Barnes, Vice Principal at Plum Point Elementary
• Michelle Bell, Vice Principal at Northern High
• Jenean Deahl, Vice Principal at Barstow Elementary
• Mark Gladfelter, Vice Principal at Patuxent High
• Christine Knode, Supervisor of School Health
• Robert Korsan, Vice Principal at Beach Elementary
• Sherry Mansfield, Vice Principal at Mutual Elementary
• Dr. Jason Miller, Supervisor of Special Education
• Keith Roberts, Supervisor of Maintenance
• Tammie Rudzinski, Vice Principal at Huntingtown Elementary
• Alkeisha Williams, Vice Principal at St. Leonard Elementary
Dr. Daniel D. Curry, Superintendent, has announced the transfers of administrators within the school system.
• Charles Treft to Mt. Harmony Elementary
• Karen Vogel to Patuxent Appeal Elementary Campus
Vice Principal Transfers
• Abbe Gray to Huntingtown High
• Margo Gross to Patuxent Appeal Elementary Campus
• Craig Jewett to Calvert Middle
• Scott McComb to Huntingtown High
• Bryan Sammons to Mill Creek Middle
• Cathy Sutton to Calvert High
• Brandi Taeschner to Mt. Harmony Elementary
• Robbie Watson to Northern Middle
Previously announced appointments include Rebecca Bowen as principal of Mill Creek Middle, Kevin Howard as Supervisor of Human Resources, Laveeta Hutchins as Director of Human Resources, Susan Johnson as Director of Secondary School Improvement, Cecelia Lewis as Supervisor of Social Studies, Steve Lucas as principal of Calvert High, Sandy Walker as Supervisor of Equity and School Improvement, and Stephen Williams as principal of Northern High.