Charles County Government
The Charles County Commissioners wish to remind residents of changes to normal operating schedules for the month of July. All offices, facilities, and services not listed will be operating their normal hours.
Monday, July 4 (Independence Day):
• All Charles County Government offices and the Tri-County Animal Shelter in Hughesville will be closed.
• The Charles County Landfill and Recycling Center on Billingsley Road in Waldorf, and the Pisgah Recycling Center on Route 425 in Pisgah will be closed.
• Curbside recycling and yard waste collection will be delayed one day for the entire week, Tuesday, July 5 through Saturday, July 9.
• VanGO services will not be operating.
• The Nanjemoy Community Center, senior centers, Port Tobacco Recreation Center, Elite Gymnastics, and all school based community centers are closed.
• All pools will be open 12 p.m. -5 p.m. for open swim (Lackey, Donald M. Wade Aquatic Center, North Point, McDonough, La Plata, and Thomas Stone).
• Charles County Public Library is closed.
• Charles County Health Department is closed.
For questions about County Government holiday closures, contact the Public Information Office at 301-885-2779 or PressRoom@CharlesCountyMD.gov. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.
St. Mary's County Government
All St. Mary's County Government Administrative Offices will be closed Monday, July 4 for the Independence Day holiday. Offices will reopen Tuesday, July 5.
The St. Andrews Landfill, six Convenience Centers, and St. Mary's Transit System (STS) will be closed July 4. The Convenience Centers will be open for normal hours on Sunday, July 3 (8 a.m.–5 p.m.) and STS will operate its normal Sunday schedule. However, the St. Andrews Landfill, which is normally closed on Sundays, will be closed on July 3. The Statewide Special Transportation Assistance Program (SSTAP) will be closed on Monday, July 4. All services will resume normal operations on Tuesday, July 5.
All three St. Mary's County libraries will be closed Monday, July 4 and reopen Tuesday, July 5 at 9 a.m.
All Senior Activity Centers will be closed on Monday, July 4 and there will be no Meals on Wheels deliveries.
College of Southern Maryland
CSM will be closed on July 4 in recognition of Independence Day. Due to the Monday holiday closing, CSM will take a break from closing early during the annual "Code Green" summer energy saving program and operate on normal hours on July 8, remaining open until 5 p.m.
Code Green will continue Fridays, July 15, 22 and 29 with most buildings closing at 1:30 p.m. The early closings will not affect classes, CSM's St. Charles Children's Learning Center, Kids' and Teen College programs, WFA (wellness, fitness and aquatic) centers or the Waldorf Center. Public Safety and Preparedness personnel will also remain on campus.
Classes for the Summer III six-week session begin July 5 and Kids' & Teen College offerings continue through Aug. 12.
Access to online services, including registration, is available at www.csmd.edu and through my.CSMD services.
For specific information about Waldorf Center's schedule, call 301-632-2900.
For information about CSM and its offerings, visit www.csmd.edu.
Motor Vehicle Administration
The Maryland Department of Transportation's Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) branch offices will be closed on Monday, July 4, 2016, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Full service Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program (VEIP) stations also will be closed. The MVA's nine easy-to-use self-service VEIP kiosks will remain open and are available 24/7 at these locations.