Calvert County Government
The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces that county offices will be closed Monday, Jan. 18, in recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. In addition:
• The three county senior centers will be closed Jan. 18 and Meals on Wheels will not be delivered.
• There will be no county bus service Jan. 18.
• Calvert Library locations will be closed Monday, Jan. 18.
• Mt. Hope and Southern community centers will be closed Jan. 18. Northeast Community Center will be open with normal hours.
• Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will close Jan.18.
• Flag Ponds Nature Park will be open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and Kings Landing Park will be open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open with normal hours Jan. 18.
• The Appeal Landfill and county convenience centers will be open with regular hours.
• The Calvert Marine Museum will be open from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Edward Hall Aquatic Center will be open with normal Monday hours.
Charles County Government
Monday, Jan. 18 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
• All Charles County Government offices and the Tri-County Animal Shelter in Hughesville will be closed.
• VanGO 's last departures from the Waldorf transfer point will be at 5:30 p.m. on the 301 Connector, Business A, Business B, and Charlotte Hall routes. Last departures from the Waldorf transfer point will be at 6 p.m. on the Berry Road, Indian Head, Pinefield, St. Charles A, St. Charles B, and St. Charles C routes. Last departures from the La Plata transfer point will be at 5:30 p.m. on the 301 Connector, Bryans Road, and Nanjemoy routes. Last departures from the La Plata transfer point for Newburg will be at 4:30 p.m., and for La Plata will be at 6 p.m.
• The Nanjemoy Community Center, senior centers, and all other Community Centers are closed.
• Elite Gymnastics and Recreation Center, Port Tobacco Recreation Center are open normal hours.
• Lackey, Donald M. Wade Aquatic Center, and North Point High indoor pools will be open from 1 p.m.—9 p.m.
• Charles County Public Library (all branches) are closed.
• Charles County Health Department is closed.
For questions about County Government holiday closures, contact the Public Information Office at 301-885-2779 or PressRoom@CharlesCountyMD.gov. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.
St. Mary's County Government
All Administrative Offices will be closed on Monday, January 18, in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
The St. Andrews Landfill and six Convenience Centers will operate under normal hours of operation on Monday, January 19. In addition, St. Mary's Transit System (STS) will operate its normal routes and hours of operation. The SSTAP program for the Senior Activity Centers and SSTAP trips will not operate on Monday, January 18.
All three St. Mary's County Library branches (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown and Lexington Park) will be closed on Monday, January 18. Also, all three Senior Activity Centers (Garvey, Loffler and Northern) will be closed and no Meals on Wheels deliveries will be made.
P.G. Co. Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks and Recreation in Prince George's County's facilities will operate on the following schedule this Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, January 18.
Indoor Pool Complexes: OPEN
Outdoor Pool Complexes: CLOSED
Regional Parks: OPEN
Historic Sites/Rentals: RENTALS ONLY
Community Centers and Arts Centers: OPEN
Senior Activity Centers: CLOSED
Sports Facilities: OPEN
For more details see the full Holiday Schedule at http://www.pgparks.com/About-Parks-and-Recreation/Holiday_Schedule.htm
Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration
All (MVA) are closed on Monday, January 18, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. All Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program (VEIP) stations are also closed.
Online registration renewals and many other time saving eMVA options are available, as always, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by logging on to www.mva.maryland.gov. There are no additional fees for using online services.