Doghouse Light Causes House Fire; $25,000 in Damages - Southern Maryland Headline News

Doghouse Light Causes House Fire; $25,000 in Damages

CALLAWAY, Md. (Jan. 13, 2016)—An electric lamp inside a wooden doghouse caused a fire which resulted in an estimated $25,000 in damages to the nearby home, according to state fire marshals. The fire occurred on Tuesday, Jan. 12, around 12:41 p.m.

Investigators say a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the back of his home and called 911. The fire department responded and found a fire along the back porch extending up the back of the house damaging the exterior. There were no reported injuries, either to humans or pets.

The home is a single family two story dwelling, located on Mahogany Court in Waldorf, Charles Co. The occupant was identified as Christopher Portin.

The one alarm fire involved 38 firefighters from Waldorf, Potomac Heights, Brandywine, Hughesville, and Bryans Road VFDs. The fire took approximately 10 minutes to control.

Deputy Fire Marshal D. Brenneman investigated.

Sponsored Content

Reader Comments

Featured Sponsor

Ed Tully - Residential Plus
I'm here to help you with any buying, selling, or renting of property needs.

Follow SoMd HL News