CHESAPEAKE BEACH, Md. (July 14, 2011) Deputy State Fire Marshals last week charged three male juveniles ages 11, 12, and 14 with 1st Degree Arson and Malicious Destruction of Property involving an early morning vacant dwelling fire that occurred on Wednesday, July 6.
The vacant dwelling is located at 8350 G Street in Chesapeake Beach. The fire department was alerted by 911 of a fire in the interior of the 2 story, single family home at 12:06 a.m. Approximately seven firefighters from North Beach VFD entered the home and extinguished multiple small fires in both the living room and kitchen within minutes after arrival.
No injuries were reported during this incident.
Investigators determined curtains were taken down and placed on the kitchen and living room floors. The curtains were ignited with an open flame device, such as a cigarette lighter and allowed to burn freely until extinguished by the fire department.
The fire damage was estimated at $450.
The three juveniles were charged and released into the custody of their parents pending Calvert County Juvenile Justice proceedings.