LA PLATA, Md. (May 12, 2010)—Student members of the Charles County Association of Student Councils (CCASC) recently elected new officers for the 2010-11 school year.
The new CCASC officers are:
· Jessica Laidley, president, junior, La Plata High School;
· Lauryn Coombs, first vice president, junior, North Point High School;
· Azeezat Adeleke, second vice president, freshman, North Point;
· Ariel Queen, secretary, junior, Thomas Stone High School; and
· Juan Trevino, middle school representative, seventh grade, Matthew Henson Middle School.
Each year, CCASC officers are elected by student delegates in April. Schools develop their own methods for selecting CCASC student delegates. Each high school sends 15 delegates to monthly CCASC meetings; each middle school sends 10 delegates.
The CCASC is an organization consisting of student leaders from the countys six high schools and eight middle schools. These students meet throughout the year to discuss issues and concerns, as well as provide input to school system leaders on programs and policies.
Source: Charles County Public Schools