LEONARDTOWN, Md. (Jan. 30, 2009)—The St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary elected new officers at its January meeting. Kay Owens will serve as the president, with Bonnie Trader as vice president. Kathy Frazier was elected to the position of secretary/treasurer and Charles Ridgell and Audrey Ridgell were elected to serve as the recording secretaries.
The St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary was established in 1916 to help provide vital hospital improvements. Hospital officials credit the group with many enhancements
to hospital facilities and service offerings including: mammography, fetal monitoring, stroke intervention telemedicine, infant warming, and fluoroscopy. The Auxiliary has also enabled many improvements to cancer care and infusion services, ambulatory surgery, and the atrium.
Most recently, the Auxiliary raised more than $15,100 to go toward a mobile EKG machine for the Emergency Department to detect potential cardiac cases. In total, the Auxiliary has donated more than $4.3 million in gifts to the hospital since the 1970s.
St. Mary's Hospital is classified as a not-for-profit corporation.
The Auxiliary always welcomes new members. Membership forms can be downloaded at http://www.smhwecare.com/auxiliary.html, or you can call 301-475-6455.