VALLEY LEE, Md. (June 21, 2009)—A one-alarm house fire Friday afternoon displaced a family of four. Forty-six firefighters from Valley Lee, Bay District, Ridge, Seventh District, Leonardtown, and the Patuxent River Naval Air Station took approximately one hour to bring the blaze under control.
The two-story wood frame dwelling on Blake Creek Road, Valley Lee, suffered approximately $30,000 in damages. The State Fire Marshall determined that the fire was caused by an accidental electrical problem.
The home was occupied by Elizabeth Poor and George Anderson.