Sprinkler System Extinguishes Accidental Fire in Lex. Park - Southern Maryland Headline News

Sprinkler System Extinguishes Accidental Fire in Lex. Park

LEXINGTON PARK, Md. (Nov. 18, 2008) – An accidental fire was extinguished this morning by an automatic fire sprinkler system. The 7:58 A.M. fire at 22027 Oxford Court, Lexington Park was reported to 911 by a neighbor.

Deputy State Fire Marshals determined that the fire originated on a sofa in the living room of the apartment. The fire was the result of a cigarette that ignited the combustibles of the sofa. The sprinkler system extinguished the fire prior to the arrival of the fire department. Damages to the apartment and contents are estimated to be less than two thousand dollars.

Nineteen firefighters from Bay District responded to the one alarm fire. Dale Dean, The apartment occupant, was not home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported. The automatic sprinkler system is credited with minimizing damages to the apartment complex.

Source: Office of Maryland State Fire Marshal

Sponsored Content

Reader Comments

Featured Sponsor

C & C Roll Off, Inc.
Yard residential and commercial containers for clean-up, construction and other projects.

Follow SoMd HL News