Prosecutor Drops Charges Against Bank Robbery Suspect - Southern Maryland Headline News

Prosecutor Drops Charges Against Bank Robbery Suspect


By Guy Leonard, County Times

HOLLYWOOD, Md. (Aug. 7, 2008)—State’s Attorney Richard Fritz decided to not prosecute a Montgomery County man who had been accused of taking part in the robbery of the Bank of America in Mechanicsville last year.

David Concepcion, of Rockville, was accused of helping another Rockville man, Valeriy Kouznetsov during the August 2007 robbery but had all charges against him, which included armed robbery, robbery, first-and-second-degree assault and the use of a handgun in the commission of a crime dropped, according to his attorney Public Defender John Getz.

Concepcion has already pleaded guilty to one charge connected to an attempted bank robbery that took place in Rockville about one week after the Mechanicsville robbery. Kousnetsov still faces charges here but in Montgomery County he has already pleaded guilty to charges in the later attempted bank robbery, according to on-line court records.

Getz said there were questions about whether Concepcion was even with Kouznetsov when he allegedly used a replica handgun to rob the Bank of America.

“Obviously we’re pleased,” Getz said of the state’s decision to not prosecute the case against Concepcion. “It appeared the stated had no evidence to put my client at the scene; there were no witnesses to identify a second person.”

Originally investigators here believed that both Concepcion, 34, and Kouznetsov, 24, had carjacked a vehicle in Montgomery County August 17 and used it in the bank robbery the same day in Mechanicsville.

The car allegedly used to commit the crime was found later, abandoned in Prince George’s County.

Fritz did not return phone calls for comment as of press time.

Sponsored Content

Reader Comments

Featured Sponsor

Burchmart
Quality gas and good food at your convenience. Several locations to serve you throughout So. Md.!

Follow SoMd HL News