LEONARDTOWN, Md. - The St. Mary's County Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BCI) today released the following incident and arrest reports. BCI is an investigative team comprised of Detectives from the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office and the Maryland State Police, Leonardtown Barrack. The unit was established on July 1, 2003 and is based in Leonardtown, Maryland.
ADDITIONAL ARRESTS IN THE APRIL 24TH SHOOTING ON SUBURBAN DRIVE, LEXINGTON PARK: As a result of the ongoing St. Mary's County BCI investigation into the April 24 shooting incident on Suburban Drive, the following arrests were made by detective on April 26:
* Amos S. Milburn, 27, from Lexington Park, Charged with Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Assault.
* George V. Maddox, 27, from Lexington Park, charged with First Degree Assault.
* Andre J. Brothers, 19, from Lexington Park, charged with Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Assault.
* James T. Moore, 19, from Lexington Park, charged with Being an Accessory after the Fact.
* A 17 year old male from Lexington Park, charged with Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Assault.
* Jarrell R. Johnson, 19, from Lexington Park, charged with Attempted First Degree Murder, Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Assault, and First Degree Assault.
* On April 30th at approximately 10 p.m., detectives arrested Darien K. Thornton, 18, from Great Mills, Maryland. He was charged with Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Assault, in connection with the April 24th shooting incident on Suburban Drive.
ARMED ROBBERY: On 04/28/07 at approximately 9:40 p.m., a white male, approximately 5'10" 170 lb, wearing a gray jacket, and a ski mask, entered the Ben's Bar and Grocery on Three Notch Road in Ridge, Maryland. The suspect displayed a handgun to the clerk and demanded money. The clerk refused and the suspect fled the area on foot. St. Mary's County BCI is investigating the incident.
ATTEMPTED FIRST DEGREE RAPE: Gerald Lawrence, 56, from Tall Timbers, Maryland, was arrested by BCI detectives on May 2nd for the Attempted First Degree Rape of a 21 year old female at his home on May 1st. He was incarcerated at the St. Mary's County Detention Center.
COUNTERFEITING OF U.S CURRENCY: The St. Mary's County BCI, with the assistance of the U.S. Secret Service, conducted an investigation involving the illegal production/ counterfeiting of U.S Currency. During the investigation the following suspects were identified and were arrested for their involvement in running the illegal counterfeit operation and for uttering / passing the counterfeit currency at various businesses in St. Mary's County:
* Doyle, Lois Ann, 40, from Mechanicsville, 3 counts manufacturing counterfeit currency 3 counts possession counterfeit currency
* Gordon, Kimberly Ann, 22, from Mechanicsville, 3 counts manufacturing counterfeit currency (3) counts possession counterfeit currency.
* Dejesus-Schwartz, Renee, 30, from Lexington Park, 3 counts Possession counterfeit currency (3) counts theft under $500.00
The investigation is continuing and arrests of additional suspects are expected.