LA PLATA, Md. - The Administration of the Oath of Office for Charles County's newly elected officials will be held on Tuesday, December 5, 2006, at 4 p.m. in the Auditorium of North Point High School for Science, Technology and Industry, 2500 Davis Road, Waldorf, Maryland.
Officials to be sworn in include:
* Sharon Hancock, Clerk of the Circuit Court;
* Robert C. Nalley, Circuit Court Judge;
* Wayne Cooper, President of Charles County Commissioners;
* Reuben B. Collins, II, Charles County Commissioner;
* Samuel N. Graves, Jr., Charles County Commissioner;
* Gary V. Hodge, Charles County Commissioner;
* Edith J. Patterson, Ed.D, Charles County Commissioner;
* Jerome E. Peuler, Jr., Treasurer;
* Warren A. Bowie, Judge of the Orphans Court;
* J. Lorraine Berry, Judge of the Orphans Court;
* Elizabeth L. Garner, Judge of the Orphans Court;
* Susie C. Bowles, Register of Wills;
* Rex W. Coffey, Sheriff.
The ceremony is open to the public. There will be reserved seating in the Auditorium for the family and invited guests of the officials. Overflow seating will be provided in the cafeteria at North Point.
The ceremony will also be broadcast live on Charles County Government Cable Channel 95 for Comcast Cable subscribers. Individuals who are unable to attend the ceremony at North Point or do not have access to cable television are invited to watch the program on a large screen in the Auditorium of the Charles County Government Building in La Plata.