ANNAPOLIS The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Fisheries Service announced today the names of the lucky anglers who caught qualifying tagged fish during week six of the 2nd Annual Maryland $1,000,000 Fishing Challenge: The Return of Diamond Jim. At least 100 anglers are now eligible to win one of the five grand prizes including a chance to win $1 million. The 13-week contest ends September 4 with the closing ceremony scheduled for Saturday, September 16 at City Dock in Annapolis. The time of the ceremony will be announced at a later date.
The following is a list of anglers who caught qualifying tagged fish from week six of the tournament.
* Mike Twigg, Smithsburg, MD; largemouth bass, Cunningham Falls Lake (July 7)
* Rodney Wilkens, Hagerstown, MD; largemouth bass, Deep Creek Lake (July 9)
* 13 year-old Andrew Day, Cumberland, MD; largemouth bass, Rocky Gap Lake (July 9)
* Ronald Poffenberger, Boonsboro, MD; smallmouth bass, Potomac River near the Dargan Needles (July 9)
* Randall O'Niell, Hamilton, OH; rainbow trout, Deep Creek Lake (July 10)
* Roy Haller, LaVale, MD; catfish, Rocky Gap Lake (July 10)
The following is a list of additional anglers who caught qualifying tagged fish from previous weeks in the tournament.
* Milton Williams, Hyattsville, MD; bluegill, Myrtle Grove Pond (June 12)
* 15 year-old Kevin Bauls, Keyser, WV; rainbow trout, North Branch of the Potomac River (June 20)
* Tom Collins, Secretary, MD; striped bass, Cook's Point in Chesapeake Bay (June 29)
* Carl Whitacre, Ridgely, WV; rainbow trout, North Branch of the Potomac River (July 1)
* Joe Campbell, Baltimore, MD; largemouth bass, Loch Raven Reservoir (July 6)
* Mike Twigg, Smithsburg, MD; largemouth bass, Cunningham Falls Lake (July 6)
* Tori Twigg, Smithsburg, MD; largemouth bass, Cunningham Falls Lake (July 6)
DNR Fisheries Service personnel released the seventh $25,000 Diamond Jim striped bass north of the Cedar Point Rip. That fish will become eligible during week seven of the tournament starting at 5 a.m. on Saturday, July 15 and running until midnight on Friday, July 21. For more information about the tournament and a full list of anglers who have caught qualifying tagged fish, please visit, http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fish4cash/.