The Charles County Department of Health Division of Environmental Health Services today issued an advisory warning the public to avoid contact with the water around the following areas:
- Friendship Landing at Nanjemoy Creek, Nanjemoy;
- Sweden Point boat ramp, Marbury;
- Shymanskys boat ramp, Cobb Island;
- River Road on the Wicomico River, Newburg;
- and Swan Point Marina, Issue.
Stream samples taken on July 5, 2006 to test for bacteria in this area exceeded the maximum contaminant level for recreational use. Additional sampling will be conducted to test the water quality.
For more information, you can contact the Charles County Department of Health Environmental Health Services Division at 301-609-6751, or go to the Health Departments Alerts page at http://www.charlescountyhealth.org/Alerts/Alerts.htm.