The Charles County Commissioners announced today that new fees become effective on July 1 at the Charles County Sanitary Landfill. The landfill is located at 12305 Billingsley Road, Waldorf, Maryland. The new fees are listed below.
* $75 per ton of refuse or contaminated soil
* $30 per ton of commercial yard waste
* $10 per ton of fill dirt
* $10 per ton of scrap metal
* $3 per ton of shredder residue
* 70¢ per Tag-A-Bag (up to 32 gallons; larger bags require an additional tag)
* $75 per ton of refuse
* $5 flat fee for cars
* $15 flat fee for pickup trucks
* (No small businesses, trailers, sideboards, ladder racks, or cargo vans)
* $200 per ton of bulk tires (10 or more tires)
* $1 per car tire off rim
* $5 per car tire on rim or per truck tire with bias ply off rim
* $15 per truck tire with bias ply on rim
* $10 per truck tire with radial off rim
* $20 per truck tire with radial on rim
* $25 per tractor and off-road tire off rim
* $62 per tractor and off-road tires on rim.
Charles County residents may dispose of two tires per trip at no charge. Tractor and off-road tires are not applicable.
The Landfill is open Monday-Saturday from 7 a.m.-4 p.m. for commercial haulers, and 7 a.m.-5 p.m. for residents. Vehicles weighing over 10,000 pounds cannot unload after 4 p.m. The Recycling Center is open 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
The Landfill is closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
For more information, please call the Recycling and Landfill Information Line at 301-932-5656, or the Charles County Department of Public Facilities Solid Waste Division at 301-932-3599.