LA PLATA, MD-- The Charles County Commissioners announce that the Department of Planning and Growth Management's Permits Administration will offer a free seminar on the Transferable Development Rights and Agricultural Preservation Process on Wednesday, April 12, 2006, at 9 a.m. in the Commissioners' Meeting Room in the County Government Building.
This seminar will cover the eligibility criteria for properties to sell TDR's, the development rights certification process, and the process to transfer development rights. The presentation will also discuss restrictions that are imposed on properties that have sold TDR's and program success to date.
The topics and dates for subsequent seminars are:
* May 10, 2006 - Temporary Use Permits - Public Events
* May 17, 2006 - Quarterly Seminar on 2001 Stormwater Management and Storm Drainage Ordinance
* June 7, 2006 - Infrastructure Construction Requirements
* July 12, 2006 - Preliminary Plans/Final Plats Process
* August 9, 2006 - Developer Rights and Responsibility Agreements Process
* August 16, 2006 - Quarterly Seminar on 2001 Stormwater Management and Storm Drainage Ordinance
* September 13, 2006 - Dedication Document Process
* October 11, 2006 - Development Services Permits, Bonds, and Inspections
* November 8, 2006 - Historic Preservation Ordinance
* November 15, 2006 - Quarterly Seminar on 2001 Stormwater Management and Storm Drainage Ordinance
* December 13, 2006 - Permits and Inspections for Building Plumbing and Electrical Permits
The permit seminars will also be shown on Charles County Government Cable Channel 95. The Channel 95 Broadcast Schedule can be found at http://www.charlescounty.org/apps/groups/listNotices.jsp?groupCode=62. If you would like to request a video copy of a seminar, please go to http://www.charlescounty.org/commissioners/media/videorequest.pdf to download the appropriate form.