LA PLATA, MD * The Charles County Commissioners announce that the Department of Planning and Growth Management's Permits Administration will offer a free seminar on Site Development in the Bryans Road Town Center New Mixed Use Zoning on Wednesday, January 18, 2006, at 9 a.m. in the Commissioners' Meeting Room in the County Government Building.
The topics and dates for subsequent seminars are:
* February 8, 2006 - Site Development within the Critical Area
* February 15, 2006 - Quarterly Seminar on 2001 Stormwater Management and Storm Drainage Ordinance
* March 8, 2006 - Building Code Update Seminar
* April 12, 2006 - Transferable Development Rights and Agricultural Preservation Process
* May 10, 2006 - Temporary Use Permits - Public Events
* May 17, 2006 - Quarterly Seminar on 2001 Stormwater Management and Storm Drainage Ordinance
* June 7, 2006 - Infrastructure Construction Requirements
* July 12, 2006 - Preliminary Plans/Final Plats Process
* August 9, 2006 - Developer Rights and Responsibility Agreements Process
* August 16, 2006 - Quarterly Seminar on 2001 Stormwater Management and Storm Drainage Ordinance
* September 13, 2006 - Dedication Document Process
* October 11, 2006 - Development Services Permits, Bonds, and Inspections
* November 8, 2006 - Historic Preservation Ordinance
* November 15, 2006 - Quarterly Seminar on 2001 Stormwater Management and Storm Drainage Ordinance
* December 13, 2006 - Permits and Inspections for Building Plumbing and Electrical Permits
The permit seminars will also be shown on Charles County Government Cable Channel 95. The Channel 95 Broadcast Schedule can be found at http://www.charlescounty.org/apps/groups/listNotices.jsp?groupCode=62. If you would like to request a video copy of a seminar, please go to http://www.charlescounty.org/commissioners/media/videorequest.pdf to download the appropriate form.
For more information, call 301-645-0692.