On Dec. 18 at 4:36 p.m., Officer J. Timko responded to St. Charles Towne Center at 11110 Mall Circle in Waldorf for the report of thefts from several motor vehicles. Investigation revealed suspects:
* shattered a window of a red 1995 Honda Civic hatchback parked at Sears and stole a pioneer 6500 in-dash CD/DVD player and screen, four candles, two picture frames and clothing;
* shattered a window of a 1995 blue Chevrolet Cavalier parked at the Food Court and searched through the vehicle but did not steal anything;
* damaged the door lock and convertible roof of a 2000 Ford Mustang parked at Hecht's and stole a DVD and a book containing 70 music CDs;
* shattered a window of a 1995 burgundy Toyota Corolla parked at Dick's Sporting Goods and searched through the vehicle but did not steal anything;
* and shattered a window of a 1999 black Chevrolet Tahoe parked also parked at Dick's Sporting Goods and searched through the vehicle but did not steal anything.
These incidents are related to the theft of an Autobahn amplifier and a book containing 50 music CDs from a 1993 green Ford Taurus parked at the Lowes Cineplex movie theater at 11115 Mall Circle in Waldorf. The suspect(s) in this theft shattered one of the car's windows to gain entry.
While investigating these thefts, a 37-year-old Clinton woman approached the officer to report her purse had been stolen from inside the mall while she left it unattended. The theft occurred at approximately 5 p.m.
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact the Charles County Sheriff's Office at 301-932-7777.