Dear Red Cross Supporter:
As you know, the American Red Cross helps millions of people across the country-and in Southern Maryland Chapter-with disaster relief, blood drives, clothing and food distribution, and more. The support of businesses and organizations helps make it all possible.
In the wake of Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and now Wilma many of you have already donated food, supplies and money to help the victims. Yet you still might ask yourself, "What more can I do? What can my company or organization do?"
The answer: Provide support as a Red Cross volunteer here in the Southern Maryland area.
Our current volunteers are stretched almost to capacity, and the hurricane season isn't yet over.
You can help recruit people from diverse backgrounds to:
* Support our Remote National Call center in La Plata
* Serve local Red Cross chapters as they deliver services
* Offer IT skills and support
* Help set up logistics systems and technology
* Get trained to deliver disaster services locally
* Provide physical and mental health support
When your company or group supports volunteers, it will:
* Promote a positive image within the community
* Encourage strong ethics and teamwork
* Help the Red Cross more quickly help survivors rebuild their lives
We have many local opportunities here in Southern Maryland that is available to make a difference in a disaster victim's life.
One of which is a phone center operator in our office in La Plata to support the National Red Cross as a Remote Call Center. We are in need of phone operators to answer call 9:00 am -9:00 pm 7 day a week. We will provide all training.
Through Disaster Response Volunteers, Southern Maryland businesses and organizations can make a difference in thousands of lives. I invite you to join us by contacting us to learn more.
Southern Maryland Chapter
American Red Cross, La Plata HQ Office
Office: (301) 934 2066
Office: (888) 276 2767
Cell: (240) 299 6856