The Charles County Department of Utilities has set the fall 2005 schedule for flushing County water mains. On the date main flushing is scheduled in a neighborhood, water use should be kept to a minimum. Residents are asked to refrain from washing clothes or using excess water, such as for washing cars or watering lawns.
The schedule is as follows:
* September 12-16: Pinefield, White Oak, Route 205, Meadows, Sub-Station Road
* September 19-28: U.S. Route 301 at the Prince George's County line, south to Smallwood Drive, Marbella, Vernon Road, Holly Lane, Charles County Plaza, Acton Lane, Hamilton Road, Waxford
* September 29-30, October 1-11: Berry Road, Briarwood, Westwood, Springhaven II, Sun Valley, Berry Valley, Ashford Oaks, Streamview, Meadow Lands, Somerset, Greenmont, Stone Ridge, Fox Run, Stavors Road, Audrey Manor
* October 12-20: U.S. 301 South from Smallwood Drive to White Plains Commerce Center, DeMarr Road, U.S. Route 301 North from White Plains to Route 925, Old Washington Road from Sub-Station Road to Billingsley Road, Aspen Woods, Southwinds, Greenhaven
* October 24-28: Route 5, Ryon Woods, Lakewood, St. Charles Parkway, Industrial Park Drive, Post Office Road, north side of Smallwood Drive to St. Charles Parkway, Huntington Circle
* November 1-8: Smallwood Drive West from U.S. 301 to Middletown Road, St. Patricks Drive, Millbrook, St. Charles Towne Center, Lancaster, Dorchester, Hampshire, Charles Crossing
* November 14-18: South side of Smallwood Drive to St. Charles Parkway, Bannister, Wakefield, Sentry Woods, Sheffield
For more information, call the Department of Utilities at 301-609-7400.