The only fireworks legal in Calvert County are sparklers containing no chlorates or perchlorates, ground based sparking devices that are non-aerial non-explosive, and are labeled in accordance with the requirements of CPSC. Paper wrapped snappers containing less than 3/100 grains of explosive composition, and snakes that contain no mercury and are not regulated by DOT.
- All other fireworks are prohibited.
- You must be 16 years old to purchase sparklers.
- Always follow the directions on the label.
- Always have an adult present to supervise your fireworks fun.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix.
- Always use fireworks outside.
- Never try to re-light malfunctioning fireworks.
By following a few safety rules you will have a happy and safe Independence Day celebration.
Calvert County Animal Control would like to remind you that loud noise and bright flashes might frighten your pets. Keep your pets indoors while enjoying the fireworks this July 4th.
Public Fireworks displays in Calvert County will be held in Chesapeake Beach, Md. on July 3rd, 2005 and on Solomons Island, Md. on July 4th, 2005.
There will be increased patrols and DUI checkpoints during the holiday weekend.
Sheriff Mike Evans would like to wish everyone a safe and happy 4th of July.