3 1/3 cups white flour
2 pinches of salt
- Place flour in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center of the
- Crack the eggs into the well and sprinkle salt over the whole thing.
- Using your hands, mix well until well-blended.
- Turn the mixture out onto a clean, lightly floured countertop and knead
- Now knead some more.
- Keep kneading.
- When the dough is smooth and the consistency of Play-Doh, let it rest on
the counter for a half hour or so.
- Cut the dough into four pieces.
- Roll and cut your dough following the instructions on your pasta roller;
- Roll dough piece on a floured countertop to 1/16" thick - the thinner
- Shoot for a rectangular shape but don't worry too much about it.
- Once the dough is rolled out, let it rest for another half hour or so.
- Start at one end and roll the dough up jellyroll style.
- Cut the roll into slices, as thick or thin as you want them.
- Fluff and separate the noodles and let them rest for another half hour.
- While the noodles are resting, start a large pot of water to boil.
- Add a tablespoon or so of oil to the water to help fight against
- Drop noodles into boiling water a few at a time, stirring so they don't
- Boil noodles for 3 to 5 minutes, checking a noodle each minute for
- Noodles should be al dente - just a bit of texture and not completely