Christ Church, Port Tobacco Parish
112 East Charles Street
P.O. Box 760
Contact via E-Mail
View Map via:
Google Maps :
Christ Church, Port Tobacco Parish was established in 1692 as part of the Anglican Church in the Colony of Maryland. Anglicans first had begun meeting in the village of Port Tobacco in 1683. Now part of the American Episcopal Church, our denomination observes both Catholic and Protestant aspects of Christianity.
Christ Church belongs to the worldwide Anglican Communion. The Anglican Communion and Christ Church are catholic because we maintain the historic faith, worship and order that stem from Jesus' apostles. We are evangelical because we call people to faith in Jesus Christ as the Bible proclaims him. We also believe that God calls us to keep our minds open to new ideas and our hearts open to the needs of others.
We have more photos of the church available in the Multimedia Gallery.