All Faith Episcopal Church
38885 New Market Turner Rd
Mailing: P.O. Box 24, Charlotte Hall, 20622
Contact via E-Mail
View Map via:
Google Maps :
We're a small church in a growing community. We want to provide a helpful, caring place for friends, old and new, to come together for worship and fellowship.
All Faith Church History: When the Parish of All Faith in St. Mary's County was created in 1692, the Parish Church at Huntersville was already built and named "All Faith." According to competent authority, the name "All Faith" was originally "Allfaiths" because in Resurrection Hundred it was the only building set aside for religious worship and all religious faiths used it.
All Faith Parish is fortunate in that most of its ancient records have been preserved. The first entry in these old records has to do with the establishment of the Parish by the Colonial Legislature of Maryland, being number twelve of the Establishment.
Like many old Churches, the original structure was built of logs. It was located on the site of the present building and was erected around 1655. This building was rebuilt in 1693 and finally replaced by the present colonial (Flemish bond) brick structure in 1767. The Rose windows above the altar symbolizes the gifts of God and His bountiful creation.