Submitted by: Chris Insley
- 1 Quart of Oysters
- 1 gallon whole milk or 1/2 Half-n-Half + 1/2 whole milk (Don't use Skim Milk!)
- 2 sleeves of butter
- 3 large onions
- 5 pounds of red potatoes
- bay seasoning
- Boil potatoes and onions together.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- When potatoes are 3/4 cooked (firm to touch), remove from the burner and drain.
- Add butter and soften.
- Add milk, potatoes and onions.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of bay seasoning.
- Add additional 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Add oysters to the stew. Do not boil. If oysters are large, you can cut them into halves or thirds. Leave small oysters whole.
- The stew is ready once the edges of the oysters start to curl.