Sun, Jun 5, 2016
31st Annual Children's Day on the Farm
Location: Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum, St. Leonard, MD
Start Time: 11:00 AM
End Time: 5:00 PM (06:00 Duration)
Posted By: Somd Calendar
Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum (JPPM) will host the 31st Annual Children's Day on the Farm on Sunday, June 5, 2016, from 11:00 am until 5:00 pm. This is a free family event open to the public.
Children's Day on the Farm features opportunities to learn about some of the traditional rural skills of Southern Maryland through hands-on activities and interactive displays from local organizations. Animal lovers will enjoy multiple petting zoos from local farms including Happy Critters Farm, Serenity Farm, Dowell Farm, Billy's Goats and Shadow Box Farm. Children and adults alike will enjoy wagon rides to the historic Smith's St. Leonard site. Oxen cart rides and milking demonstrations, pony rides and scenic train rides throughout the park will also be available.
Antique tractors, cars, trucks, and farm machinery will be on display. Pedal tractors and small engines will complement the antique equipment. The antique tractor and car parade will take place at 2 pm. This year's parade grand marshals are 6-year-old Karter Lorenzini and 12-year-old Thomas Welch.
Returning entertainment includes performances by:
* Ray Owens' Farm Heritage Show singing children's songs and sharing anecdotes about country living.
* Jay Armsworthy and Eastern Tradition Band playing a variety of Bluegrass music.
* Blue Sky Puppet Theater performing "The Three (not so little) Pigs."
* Horn's Punch and Judy presenting clever comedy magic, novelty routines and a laugh- out-loud funny British puppet show
* Ken the Magician performing visual, deceptive and interactive tricks.
* David Norris performing folk songs reflecting the heritage of southern Maryland
* Chesapeake Country Cruizers line dancing.
New this year, artwork from the 1st Annual Children's Day on the Farm artwork contest will be on display in the park pavilion. This year's artwork contest winner was 8-year-old Ashley Bassett. Dance performances from the award winning Dreams Studio of Dance. Lastly, attendees will have the opportunity to meet and greet with Pinch, the Blue Crabs' mascot.
In addition to the amazing performances and activities, food will be available for purchase from numerous vendors. If you have an antique tractor or car and would like to participate in this event, please call 410-586-8512.
For more information about Children's Day on the Farm, contact us at 410-586-8501 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Children's Day on the Farm will be held rain or shine.
Printed from the So. Md. Online Community Calendar