What: Sneakers Running Club is a 5k training program designed to teach young
people self-confidence and personal empowerment through health and fitness.
We believe that the sport of running is not just about racing or competing. It’s
a great teaching tool for life skills like personal commitment, individual
growth, goal setting, teamwork and sportsmanship. And, it’s a sport that can
be done anytime, anywhere – for life! All that’s needed is a pair of
When: Beginning April 2nd and continuing on Saturdays from 9-10:15am.
Season Finale – The 10th Annual Leatherneck 5k – Saturday May 21st.
Where: Greenwell State Park or hosting schools. (email sneakersrc@gmail for details)
Who: Open to grades 2-5 and 6-8 with specialized programming for each group.
Sneakers Running Club provides 7 weekly training sessions for children in grades 2-8 that will include:
• Individual and group coaching by seasoned, certified coaches.
• Interactive games and drills to introduce and reinforce concepts such as
nutrition, hydration, pacing, cadence, form, strength and goal-setting.
• Introduction to major muscle groups most important to runners and exercises
to strengthen them.
• Team warm up, increasing mileage workouts and team cool-down/stretch.
• Tips and tricks for successfully navigating a 5k race from start to finish.
Parent volunteers are invited to participate at practice sessions and are highly encouraged to register for the “10th Annual Leatherneck 5k” at www.active.com
Tuition for the season is $90 and is open to Grades 2 through 8. Tuition includes: 7
training sessions, mileage tokens, 5k registration, personalized race shirt, medal, post race refreshments
Contact Coach Lyn or Coach Andrea at email@example.com for more info!