Sat, Oct 15, 2016
Location: St. Mary's County Fairgrounds
Start Time: 10:00 AM
End Time: 4:00 PM (06:00 Duration)
Posted By: Southern Maryland Online
Two day festival: Oct 15-16.
Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Oyster Festival and the opening of the oyster season on the Chesapeake Bay with the U.S. National Oyster Shucking Championships and National Oyster Cook-Off. Known for its exquisite range of seafood and exhibition of cultural activities surrounding oysters & the watermans' way of life, this annual festival also includes live music, local foods, arts, crafts, craft beer tasting, and general family fun.
10:30AM: National Oyster Cook-Off (awards in afternoon)
12:00PM: National Shucking Competition
• First Competition: Amateur Shucking Competition
• Second Competition: Masters Competition
• Friendly Heat: Past national champions
• The professional heats will follow: women's & men's
6:30PM: Evening Concert featuring Sam Grow!
All Day Activities (Both Days):
• Oysters and seafood galore
• Musical acts on three stages
• Oyster Cooking demos
• The Tasting Room: Get a Flight of local Oysters and sample the region's best shellfish paired with local craft beer and wine
• Craft and domestic beer & local wines
• Special 50th celebration merchandise & cookbook
• Evening Concert
• Arts & Craft and other vendors
• Children's entertainment
• Much More!
Printed from the So. Md. Online Community Calendar